The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has submitted their planning application for the full redevelopment of Hillingdon Hospital. The vision is to provide a state-of-the-art hospital for the residents of Hillingdon, and beyond, which supports the very best in delivery of healthcare. It will be a sustainable, digitally enhanced building fit for the future, with huge improvements made to the range of services on offer, all of which will be supported by purpose-built facilities.
This hospital is one of the 40 new hospitals to be built by 2030, as pledged by the Conservative government, and sits within the Prime Minister’s constituency of Uxbridge and South Ruislip.
Concilio has worked closely with the communications team at the Trust on an extensive programme of engagement. It has comprised three distinct phases and ran from October 2020 to February 2022. The engagement activities have included:
- Early engagement event with medical stakeholders
- 21 meetings with elected representatives
- 7 webinars for the general public, staff and site neighbours
- Over 20 meetings with healthcare groups
- 15 meetings with staff, governors and NEDs
- Over 20,000 leaflets distributed to residents in Hillingdon and neighbouring Southall and Ealing promoting the events;
- A project website kept live for the duration of the engagement, providing key information and updates in relation to the proposals for the site.