Westminster City Council have approved the proposed redevelopment of 48 Chapel Street. The proposals will transform the corner of Chapel Street and Old Marylebone Road, invest in the area and make this an attractive destination point for residents, workers and tourists.
The plans are for the demolition of the existing Chapel pub and the erection of a 6 storey hotel with pub and reinstated retail at ground level. The proposals will:
• Re-establish a new community public house;
• Provide a new hotel;
• Retain a retail unit at ground floor;
• Make better use of the space by creating a new corner building – (linking Chapel Street and Old Marylebone Road;
• Improve the public realm and create a relationship between the City and nature;
• Make use of high-quality materials sensitive to the surrounding area;
• Target BREEAM excellent;
• Add Green roofs to the flat roofs;
• Deliver highly managed and integrated on site servicing;
• Reincorporate a tree (removed in 2018 due to structural damage caused) greatly improving the public realm.
Concilio delivered all aspects of community, political, business and stakeholder engagement on this project as well as full public consultation including a bespoke website and exhibition events.